Newspapers Learn to Linkbait

To chime in on that "Google is amoral" piece in the Guardian that shot up to the top of Techmeme today: if all newspapers master the art of linkbait like Mr. Porter, then maybe they won't have to "give its content free to the search engine in order to survive."

Man, it takes serious copywriting talent to produce a line like this: "Google is in the final analysis a parasite that creates nothing, merely offering little aggregation, lists and the ordering of information."

Is Mr. Porter a fan of Mr. Keen?

1 comment:

  1. I run a small company and the recession makes me re-examine my advertising budget. I ran across claims that publicity may be much more cost effective than advertising, but found no formal studies on it. I always thought PR was too expensive for small businesses but in doing my research I posted my project on AllPublicists.com (it’s a free service), and got many low-cost offers from publicists. One firm for example, called Publicity Guaranteed (PublicityGuaranteed.com) doesn’t charge anything unless they deliver results. However, most companies still put much more reliance on advertising than on PR. Is it because pay-for-results-only publicity such a new option or am I missing something? Are there any studies on the subject?

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating all comments to weed out spam (there's a lot of it). Comments are usually approved within a day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails